Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Day In The Life Of ME!

So...I asked all of you people for blog post topic suggestions on my last entry and I got one suggestion. Thanks y'all. ONE. So, I am honoring Emily's request and giving you a nice little summary of what a typical day is like for me! (Don't worry Emily, I'll do a whole separate post on my husband soon!) I hope you aren't too bored. My life isn't full of excitement on a daily basis-but, that's how I like it...nice and predictable.

Okay, here we go. My husband's alarm goes off at 5:20 AM. He gets a shower, gets out, starts my bath water and gets ready. My alarm goes off at 5:45 AM and up I go! I'm a morning person in the sense that I get up when I need to-but I still may not be thrilled about the idea. I take a bath, get out, brush my teeth, etc. etc. I wash and dry my hair every morning. It just helps me feel refreshed for a new day. Let's see...makeup, deodorant...all that jazz. I let my puppies outside and feed the cats. Meanwhile, I make my delicious coffee. Then I get dressed. Snapshot from one day this week:
How Bluebird looks when I have to leave her in the mornings:
I put up the dogs, grab my coffee, fruit servings and snacks for the day and out the door I go no later than 7:15 AM.
I get to work at 7:30 for bus duty and my work day officially starts at 7:45 AM. Did you know that I LOVE my job? I am so fulfilled by what I do. I wish everyone felt the same way about their job. I teach in a public school in Sugar Land, Texas. I am the teacher in the ABC classroom (Adaptive Behavior) for kids with Autism. Obsessed. I love them. They love me. I go to work, do a kick-ass job, then come home. Today, however, I slipped away on my lunch break to come home and get dinner going in the crock pot. Here it is before:
Today for breakfast I had a meal replacement shake-an Advocare sample that my friend gave me. It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful. For lunch I had a salad from Jason's Deli. And a cornbread muffin. And some chocolate pudding. Oops. And you saw by dinner before cooking it. I did pretty well today, so far. It's all after the sun goes down that I fall off the wagon.

When I get home from work, I quickly change into my workout clothes-shoes and all. Then, are you ready for this? I don't think you are. I take a nap. That's right, folks! I take a 20 to 30 minute nap pretty much every day after work (IN my workout clothes).
When that alarm goes off, up I get and out the door I go (or do whatever exercise I have in mind for that day). Today I chose to do a 2-miler run/walk. It was hot! But it felt so great after. I'm still sore from yesterdays workout class so I took it easy today. Before and after:
After a workout, I get dinner together. Here's how it turned out tonight:

I put a seasoned flank steak in there and cover it with bell peppers, onion and lime juice and THAT'S IT! It cooks on low for 6-8 hours and shreds perfectly naturally. Serve with corn tortillas, avocado and black beans. It was so good.

My husband and I eat dinner together while watching TV, usually a National Geographic documentary. Obsessed. We hang out together with each other and the doggies. It's 7:30 now and I'm down for the count. I'll probably pick up the house and straighten things up to start another day tomorrow.

There it is. I told you...not interesting at all! Sorry guys! Keep reading my posts and maybe one day before too long I'll be knocked up and things will get way more interesting. P.S. I can't wait to be pregnant but have a severe fear of gaining all of my weight back and being so fat again. Oh well. It is what it is. That's why I'm getting healthy now, right? Right!

Here's a photo I posted on the MLFC page:
Keep working hard everyone! You can totally do this!!! As always, thanks for reading.


3 comments:

  1. I want to know what blogs you follow.

    I want to know your plan for decorating your new house.

    I want to know if your hubs adjust well to your healthy habits

    I want to know if you want to do a 5k with me.

    I want to know if you will come try crossfit at a community workout.

    There are some topics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG-Thank YOU!!!!! I will save the following tops for future blog posts: decorating my new house, hubby adjusting to my healthy habits, and blogs I follow (probably will combine this one with another).

    I will answer the rest now: I will stronly consider doing a 5K with you-give me a couple more months. I will also strongly consider trying a crossfit session-I think crossfit is awesome-I just hesitate paying for it since I don't pay for anything right now, ya know?

    ReplyDelete