Wednesday, January 16, 2013

S.O.S. I am in MAJOR distress...help!

I haven't posted anything in so long. I've also...deep breath...feeling of wanting to vomit...gained 10 pounds back. 10. TEN. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...10! I'm so embarrassed. I feel defeated. I need help. Like always, it happened slowly, creeping up like a cold. First, you get that scratchy throat and just a few sniffles so you take some DayQuil and think to yourself "hmm, I don't feel super, oh well, it'll be fine." and it usually is fine...until the medicine runs out...then a few days later...BAM you feel like shit and remember back when it all started. Crap. Shit. Dammit. Son of a Bitch. Yes, all bad words. But that's how I feel. 

It all started when I was at the top of my game...eating SO well, working out every single day...then one day I got a little cold and decided to take it easy so I could feel better. I liked it. A lot. Going straight home after work, immediately getting in my sweat pants, having some comfort food, watching some television...aaahhhhh. Heaven. 

THEN IT ALL CAME CRASHING DOWN. 

It was a slippery slope...slippery and smooth. And down I went with my arms waving around in the air, happy as could be...eating, sleeping, lounging. 

So people, here I am, about 3 1/2 months and 10 ugly pounds later. I would still weigh myself once a week and when my weight went up 3, 4, 5, even 6 pounds I thought "no biggie, I've still got total control over this." WRONG. Pizza, McDonald's, Fried Everything, you name it, I ate it, or have been eating it rather. Christmas and Thanksgiving happened. I am so disappointed in myself. My pants aren't necessarily tight...yet, but I can tell that's the direction we're going in. And I can't go back there again. I just can't do it. I don't have the emotional strength and energy to gain and lose 65 pounds again. 10 doesn't seem like a lot in the grand scheme of things, but good God, it's the gateway number. 

So here I am, confessing my deep, dark secret about gaining 10 pounds in the last 3 1/2 months. I did this to myself and I am the only one that can undo it. It's going to be hard. But I can do it, right? Please encourage me. I can't even explain how down and out this has me. I caught myself looking in the mirror and wanting to cry. It's so unhealthy, I know, but I could critique myself for hours and I hate it. It's exhausting. 

I will post less depressing things another day. Please help keep me motivated. I really need it.

P.S. I ate a doughnut this morning. And an egg and cheese biscuit. Oops. 

Recent Photos:

 At Christmas with precious baby Eli...check out that double chin on the side of my face. Gross.

 My angels, Lola and Bluebird.

 Date night...not looking too shabby, but it's my hip/thigh region that's disgusting.

 We're building a house! Yay! This is our lot.

This is the brick and stone that our house is being built with.


14 comments:

  1. Girl you can do this. I am right here with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl we are one in the same! I've gained back 10 pounds too and even though I'm hosting a weekly weigh-in linkup on my blog, I'm STILL struggling! It sucks so bad! I know it can be done... we just need to it!

    PS - I ate TWO donuts this morning! Oyy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted another donut SO badly!!! I know I'm capable, I've just got to suck it up!!

      Delete
  3. I'm there w/ you right now!! Trying to lose 10 pounds as well - my mind would say the same exact thing when I would step one on the scale & see it up! Ugh! But, we've lost 10 before, we can TOTALLY do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't beat yourself up over it Sarah. Just move forward with all the right habits. You did it before and you can do it again. I gained over Christmas also and I haven't got it straightened out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah I could have written this myself. I have gained 8 lbs. It has been so nice coming home from work, getting in my sweatpants, eating and doing NOTHING! I just need some new motivation... it's completely GONE! You can do it girl, and so can I!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I was wondering where you went! I miss your blog posts! So that might be something that helps--keep blogging for us!

    As far as encouragement... you are who I aspire to be. 60 pounds? That is unfathomable. I had at least 90 to lose when I first started and I am only 35 down. You got there. You did it. I too gained over the last month. It happens. The biggest thing is picking yourself back up and getting back on the healthy train. I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, 35 down is a major success! Congratulations! I promise to keep it up if you do the same!

      Delete
  7. Ohmy, I know EXACTLY how you feel! Don't be discouraged, be ENCOURAGED! Take it one day at a time, tomorrow will be better. I will help encourage you - if you will help encourage me :) http://icommitforlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement!! You've got this too!

      Delete